Thursday, December 13, 2012

Eclectic????? Not sure!


My tastes are very very varied with regards to the style of my decoration in my home. I always seem to struggle as I enjoy so many styles I have always found it difficult to "melange" them together. I am the sort of person that can't cope with one decor arrangement as I will always have another style in the wings just waiting to take over.

I love the French Chic, I love Shabby Chic, I love Granny Chic, I love vintage, I love retro,  I adore Kidston but putting all these elements together I have found difficult. That was until I stumbled over "Country Rabbit"  A bit of everything seems to be going on there which has given me endless amounts of inspiration for my home. I am now mixing all my little bits and bobs together, not worrying that I have a French Chic print in the same room I am stuffing my shelves and units with other floral, Kidston, chinzty, whimsey type "stuff!!!!!"

Does that make sense? Mum calls me Eclectic? Not sure there is a word for it,,,,my partner thinks Im a hoarder (probably quite right too) and doesn't really "Get it!" All I know is that I am happy with my bits and bobs and my little treasures and who cares if they don't all go together but isn't that what a home is about?? Personality? Yes I think so.

Best wishes

Nicky x 

3 comments:

  1. most definitely! I think I would probably be scandi retro chic with a bit of eco modern vintage thrown in for good luck!! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicky, thanks for popping over to my blog and saying hello, it's lovely to find new blogs to read and i'm looking forward to seeing more of your crochet. xx

    ReplyDelete